Thursday, September 5, 2024

      Beauty is As Beauty Does, Ugly is As Ugly Does


   Yesterday,  I watched a short video about people who are 8-10's on the beauty scale and how they run to the plastic surgeon as soon as the first wrinkles appear to rid themselves of the signs of aging, because losing their beauty is the worst thing they think can happen to them. I would never have considered myself an 8-10, but under the right lighting, I could hold my own. Don't we all think that about ourselves, us average people. So, today, I started thinking about why are we so beautiful as youth and so ugly as old people? Then the answer came as if it dropped from Above. It's because we are young and stupid and that's all we have going for us. I mean that literally. There is no one so arrogant as the young, and unless we are complete morons, we grow out of our stupidity and arrogance.

Turning the age I am now, I find myself rarely wearing make up, because at some point, the make up doesn't help. You can paint an old barn, however upon close examination, the wood tells its age. I used to count on looks, because I thought I had nothing else going for me, because I was put down all my life, literally, by my siblings, then by my husband. GOD had to remove both to show me who I really was. No one likes getting old and "ugly," no one, however it happens to all of us. So, I asked GOD why. Today, I got my answer. It's in the Bible.

Ezekiel 28:17
Your heart grew proud because of your beauty, you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor.

Speaking of Lucifer, who is still "beautiful," if you have a picture of a hideous creature, you would be wrong. His beauty made him proud. Hence, that is why pride is so ugly to GOD. How many young absolutely beautiful people rely on their beauty to get them places? Well, just about all do. We love to look at beautiful things, we favor the antithetically beautiful. But isn't it our eyes and human flesh that deceive us? We have to become aged and ugly to really learn the true definition of beauty.

The only time I ever fell in love with a man before I laid eyes on him, was when I saw his beautiful heart/spirit, before I saw his form. After that, the rest of him was beautiful in my sight, only my kids were never once impressed with his looks. To this day he is as ugly as ever to them, because they still don't see what I see, they only see how he has treated me over the past eight years. They didn't see what I saw, because I saw him before I saw him. That's how GOD wants us to see others, before we actually see them. I myself have grown quite old and ugly since that day, on the outside only. Because GOD showed me how to fall in love with the beauty inside, I also learned to see the UGLY inside in others, regardless of their outward appearance. So, I say rejoice at those lines and wrinkles, because when those wrinkles appear, so does the beauty of wisdom and love. We all who remain here will get old and ugly on the outside, but only those whose hearts are after GOD's own heart will become and more beautiful on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 BECAUSE NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR A WORK FROM GOD     The Wrath of Job In His Own Words         Edited by Kristina L...