Wednesday, May 21, 2025

  What the Remnant Desperately Needs is Another David Kind of Hero. 



     I have had this dark cloud of hopelessness hanging over me for quite some time now.   I had high hopes for someone I thought I knew to become somewhat of a "Biblical" hero, because God kept giving me signs and Scriptures to confirm it. Well, it's been more than nine years, and I like him less and less every day. He has been dreadfully mean to me. I don't know if he knows what he says is mean, but by today's definition, I guess when I consider him nice, he's only being cordial.  When I pushed too hard that when he gets really ugly. I liken him to Saul before Acts 9. GOD just hasn't shined a bright enough light in his eyes to blind him on the path that he's traveling and redirecting him to the road to Damascus, where He will get his assignment.  

  Praying for him has become quite the chore lately, like cleaning the shower. I love a good long hot shower, but cleaning it is a chore and it has to be done.  He's like my shower. When the water's hot it's great, but when the walls a lined with soap scum, I don't want to go near it.  Another thing I hate about showers is doing my hair afterwards. That's how I feel about communicating with him.  If he's nice it's like a hot shower, but then there's the after chore of trying to figure out if every hair is in place or not, or if I've had a bad hair day and I  have to get out the water spray bottle and start over.  One day, when I was really frustrated with praying for him, I just chopped off all my hair and swore I'd never pray for him again.  Now, I'm at that awkward stage of growing my hair out again and trying to decide if GOD wants it long or not, or if I got it wrong or not.  


     So, I ask God, why can't I just believe  You have something for him, and You assigned me to pray as his intercessory, instead of believing what my eyes have seen and experienced? His answer from the Holy Spirit was this: 

    "Not only did Thomas not believe until he saw Yeshua resurrected, he was the only one who had the courage and honestly to actually admit that he couldn't believe, until he saw and touched him. None of the other disciples admitted that they didn't believe, even though Yeshua told them what would happen. So, stop being so hard on yourself. Just like I caused you to love that man enough to pray for him every day for nine years, without missing a day, I can cause you to fall in love with another man I bring to you.  Just keep your eyes on Me and what I've assigned you today."


     This made perfect sense. I met him right after my husband abandoned me, and it just seem to easy to meet the most imperfectly perfect man so soon. I thought this couldn't be the guy I was supposed to have a future with.   I was right. Nine  years later, after loving, hating, loving, hating, liking, disliking, and giving up on him thousands of times, I still can't get the dude out of my mind.  It bugs the daylights out of me and has caused quite the rift between GOD and me.  I want to move on, to forget this man ever existed, let alone all the mean things he has done to me.    There are many really good reasons why God may have kept my heart attached to that man's. One could be so that I could accept the end of my marriage, because God Himself ended it. But, that's a stretch.  Maybe GOD wanted me to see that there was life out there after being abandoned and divorced against my will.  Having this other guy in my heart, even though he was mean to me all this time, was a good distraction over the devastation of divorce and my family shattering. At first, I thought it was just another heartache on top of the previous one, but it wasn't. It was a sign of hope as to what God can do when we aren't looking or can't see straight.  I haven't been able to look straight in the future without this man obscuring my view, and drawing close to GOD was the only fix.  For that I am grateful. 
 
    The flames in the fiery furnace of affliction had just  been turned up to full blast, and without those flames, I would not be as close to the Almighty as I am today.  I know more now about  the true YHVH GOD than what I had accumulated the twenty-six years combined.   I have seen the magnificent Hand of GOD in Divine Coincidence after Divine Coincidence.  Folks, there is no such thing as coincidences if GOD rules and reigns in this universe. He is as intimately involved in the details of our lives as He is the plankton at the bottom of the deepest ocean as the furthest star in the universe.  If there is such a thing as chance or coincidence, then GOD really isn't the Supreme Ruler of the the universe, now is He?

     I am the type that always needs a goal, a vision, something to work toward.  All my life, I've always looked forward to the next phase, the next baby, the next project from GOD, or the next big thing to come along.  I always expect the next thing to be bigger and more substantial than the previous.  I love a challenge.  I'm not so sure this challenge I have loved, as a matter of fact, I have hated it.  Yet, GOD knew that  I couldn't handle being abandoned, just floating out there with no vision or understanding of what He was doing through the flames in the fiery furnace of affliction.  I have to be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have to be able to write about this experience in order to help someone else get through their dark days.  I had to have a dream, and by golly, He gave me a grand one somewhere over that rainbow, and the pot of gold on the other side of this rainbow is another David to lead GOD's Remnant as He brings the two houses of Israel back together as He promised over and over again in the Prophets.    

    Maybe I'm way off here, but what I see going on here is Christianity has gone rogue. I don't know if you've notice, but there's definitely one hell of a civil war going on in Christendom, it's coming apart at the seams. There's a war between rock-star celebrity pastors and their following and the grass-roots movement trying to bring them down, but they are as scattered as the wind.   So, the hopeful dreamer that I am hopes all these years of praying for this "David" is for some good as a leader of the Remnant, a different breed of devoted believer.  

    In all of Biblical history, there always has been one central character in a Biblical movement by the Hand of GOD. There was Abraham, then Joseph, then Moses, then Samuel, David, Hezekiah, Josiah, Jesus, Peter, Paul, and John, just to name a few. The point is, there was always one central figure to pull it all together.  We need a new central figure right now to pull the Messianic Jews and Christians together for one central cause, to restore the central truths.  It's not going to be a woman, I can assure you that, but it could be a woman behind the man, pushing him to achieve that greatness.  I guess that's a lot to dream, but something has to give right now. We lovers of GOD are a mess.  We need someone who can pull it off by the Hand of GOD.  So, my hope is that GOD put this man in my heart for nine years, showed me Divine Coincidence after Divine Coincidence and wouldn't let me run away from it because He has a great plan to do something with this man and GOD needed a faithful, stubborn, loyal, woman who wouldn't give up on him even when he gave her 85,578 reasons to give up on him. Maybe all these years and tears will manifest into something great a decade from now.  I just can't see how GOD would waste a decade of my life of devotion to Him for nothing. Something has to be behind this, and a new "David" would be lovely, wouldn't it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

   We/Mankind, Screwed It Up TWICE!      There are two things that I learned from my husband that I do believe were and still are spot on.  ...